The 2-in-1 laptops are gaining popularity over the years because it comes with features that cater to both the laptop user and the tablet user. For the laptop users, they get a laptop with a touch-screen and tablet features; and for the tablet user, they get a tablet with an operating system, for example, Windows 10, a keyboard, and laptop features. But what is this 2-in-1 laptop? What makes is so different from other laptops or notebooks? What can you benefit from this device?
What is a 2-in-1 Laptop?
A 2-in-1 laptop is a computer device that comes with features from both a laptop and a tablet. They are normally released in the market as a tablet-like laptop or a laptop-like tablet. They are smaller and comes in budget-friendly models.
How is it Different?
What makes it different from a normal laptop? Well, it is built like a laptop that is thinner, slimmer and comes with a tablet-like design. A typical 2-in-1 laptop comes with the following features:
- A touch-screen display that flips over 180 degrees to switch from laptop to tablet
- A detachable or attached keyboard pad
- An operating system that can run both mobile apps and regular computer software programs like MS Office
- A fast, multi-core CPU processor that provides processing power similar to high-end laptops or notebooks
What are the Benefits and Costs?
So what are the benefits of 2-in-1 laptops?
- Operates like a normal laptop
- Multiple features, including tablet and laptop features with enhanced functions
- Adds creative options such as usage of drawing software and other business and office applications
- More storage space options such as cloud storage
- The screen can fold up to 360 degrees which opens up to more innovative uses
- Usually, includes accessories such as touch-pen and detachable keypad
So what are the costs of 2-in-1 laptops?
- Top of the range models are expensive
- Some brands sell accessories separately
Here are some recently released 2-in-1 laptops to consider:
11.6-inch Touchscreen (1366×768) | Intel Atom, 2.1 GHz | 4GB of RAM | 32 GB SSD | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | Chrome OS
2018 Lenovo Flex 5
15.6-inch Touchscreen (1920×1080) | Intel Core i7, 1.8 GHz | 16 GB of RAM | 512 GB SSD | NVIDIA GeForce 940MX | Windows 10
HP Pavilion X360
15.6-inch Touchscreen (1920×1080) | Intel Core i3, 2.2 GHz | 4 GB of RAM | 1 TB SSD | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | Windows 10
14-inch Touchscreen (1920×1080) | Intel Pentium, 1.1 GHz | 4 GB of RAM | 64 GB SSD | Intel UHD Graphics 605 | Windows 10
2019 HP X360
11.6-inch (1366×768) | Intel Celeron, 1.1 GHz | 4GB of RAM | 32 GB SSD | Intel HD Graphics 500 | Windows 10
There you have it. Now you know what to expect from 2-in-1 laptops. They are pretty innovative and comes with interesting features. If you are looking for something different, get a 2-in-1 laptop.
So what do you think? Is it an interesting product? Is it something to consider purchasing? What characteristic are you most happy with? Do you think it is a waste of time making this product? Please leave your comments below.