The 2-in-1 laptops are gaining popularity over the years because it comes with features that cater to both the laptop user and the tablet user. For the laptop users they get a laptop or notebook with a touch-screen and tablet features; and for the tablet user, they get a tablet with an operating system, for example, Windows 10, a keyboard, and laptop features. But what is this 2-in-1 laptop? What makes is so different from other laptops or notebooks? What can you benefit from this device?
What is a 2-in-1 laptop?
A 2-in-1 is a computer that comes with features from both a laptop and a tablet. They are normally released in the market as a tablet-like laptop or notebook, or a laptop-like tablet. They are even smaller and budget-friendly versions to consider.
Hows it different?
What makes it different from a normal laptop or notebook is that it is built like a laptop that is a thinner or slimmer shape, features internal components such as a battery, a storage hard drive, a CPU, and external slots such as USB ports, etc, and it also features a tablet-like interface that provides extra viewing and other input options.
For a more detailed explanation, a typical 2-in-1 laptop comes with the following features:
- a touch-screen display that flips over 180 degrees to switch from laptop to tablet
- a detachable or attached keyboards
- an operating system that can run both mobile apps and regular computer software programs like MS Office
- a fast, multi-core CPU processor that provides processing power similar to high-end laptops or notebooks
What are the benefits?
So what are the benefits of a 2-in-1 laptop?
- operate like a normal business or home notebook/laptop/desktop
- multiple usage features, including tablet and laptop features with enhanced functions
- adds creative options such as usage of drawing software and other business and office applications
- more storage space for your laptop bag instead of having both a laptop and a tablet
Here are some recently released 2-in-1 laptops to consider:
Screen size: 11.6 inches (1366×768); Processor: Intel Atom, 2.1 GHz; Memory: 4GB RAM; Hard Drive: 32 GB; GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620; Operating System: Chrome OS; CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON!
2018 Lenovo Flex 5
Screen size: 15.6 inches (1920×1080); Processor: Intel i7, 1.8 GHz; Memory: 16GB RAM; Hard Drive: 512 GB; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX; Operating System: Windows 10; Other features: Touch Screen CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
HP Pavilion X360
Screen size: 15.6 inches (1920×1080); Processor: Intel i3, 2.2 GHz; Memory: 4GB RAM; Hard Drive: 1 TB; GPU: Intel 620; Operating System: Windows 10; Other features: Touch Screen CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON!
Screen size: 14 inches (1920×1080); Processor: Intel Pentium, 1.1 GHz; Memory: 4GB RAM; Hard Drive: 64 GB; GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 605; Operating System: Windows 10; CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON!
2019 HP X360
Screen size: 11.6 inches (1366×768); Processor: Intel Celeron, 1.1 GHz; Memory: 4GB RAM; Hard Drive: 32 GB; GPU: Intel HD Graphics 500; Operating System: Windows 10; CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON!
So what do you think? Is it an interesting product? Is it something to consider purchasing? What characteristic are you most happy with? Do you think it is a waste of time making this product? Please leave your comments below.